- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 5 years of operational leadership experience in a mining environment or similar heavy industry.
- Class 3 Drivers License.
- Solid supervisory level experience.
- Total commitment to health and safety.
- Solid interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Excellent mechanical, technical and software skills required.
- Solid ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft office with an emphasis in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Solid project management and ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines and act with minimal supervision.
- Solid organizational and planning skills; attention to detail; productive without compromising quality.
- Solid ability to think strategically and problem solve through conceptual thinking, analytical and planning skills.
- The ability to train, coach/mentor and communicate effectively with operators, contractors and internal personnel at all levels on highly technical subjects.
- Must be highly reliable and motivated to excel.
- Passionate; self-motivated; engaging, personable.
The Operations Supervisor will report to the Western Canada Operations Manager and will be accountable for the ongoing support of three mines located in Perry Creek, Willow Creek and Brule, which are located in the Chetwynd and Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia area. This position will support approx. 3 sites, 6-8 fleet units and >20 operators and support staff.
This position will:
- Implement the Orica standard for operations and safety.
- Ensure operations stay within budget.
- Interface with internal and external customers to ensure we are succeeding in providing excellent customer service.
- Ensure fleet maintenance system adheres through audits and inspections and conform to Orica Mining Services Operations Maintenance Policy.
- Training of staff and local service contractors in the support of Orica’s Operations.